Visual Studio has always allowed to select the language of the environment in the Options window, Environment > International Settings section:
But, how do you get a new international language installed? The answer depends on the Visual Studio version:
- Until version Visual Studio 2010, you had to install the full version of Visual Studio or the Visual Studio Shell (integrated mode) in a different language.
- Visual Studio 2012 introduced the concept of language packs, that you needed to download separately and install:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Language Pack
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Language Pack
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Language Pack
- Visual Studio 2017 makes even easier to install language packs, because they are provided in the Language packs tab of the Visual Studio 2017 installer:
Finally, there is a way to programmatically launch Visual Studio in the desired language:
devenv.exe /LCID <LocaleID>
where <LocaleID> can be 1033 for English, 3082 for Spanish, etc.